PowerSolutions strives to be as environmentally-conscious as possible, we are committed to “Green Building” Practices which expands and complements the classical building design by incorporating efficiently using energy, water, and other resources, reducing waste, pollution and environmental degradation. While new technologies are constantly being developed to complement current practices in creating greener structures, the mutual objective is that green buildings are designed to reduce the overall impact of the built environment on human health and the natural environment. As technology continues to evolve we stay on top of new processes, products and procedures.
Please click on each of the technologies listed below for information about our Environmental capabilities:
Renewable Energy & Technologies
- Photovoltaic solar panels convert sunlight directly into electricity.
- Wind turbines capture wind to turn rotors, which turns a generator and creates electricity.
- Transpired solar collectors use sunlight to preheat air for heating purposes.
- Solar hot water heaters use the sun to heat water for domestic applications.
- Small-scale hydroelectric power plants flow water over turbines, which turn a generator and create electricity.
- Fuel cells combine hydrogen and oxygen to produce electricity and heat.
- Ground source heat pumps transfer heat to the ground in summer and extract heat from the ground in winter.
- Green power is electricity generated from renewable sources such as wind, geothermal, biomass, and landfill gas.
Shifting to renewable energy can help us to meet the goals of reducing greenhouse gas. Investing in renewable energy can have significant dividends for our energy security.