Power Solutions General and Electrical Contracting is in search of an Electrical Estimator who can effectively provide estimating services for electrical systems for construction projects. This is a permanent position located in the Jacksonville, FL area.
• Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical estimating and be familiar with government projects.
• Candidate must have good written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative approach working with both Client and construction contractor/subcontractors.
• Must be competent in use of Microsoft Office, including data entry and manipulation in Excel, and creating documents and preparing correspondence in Outlook, and Word.
• Quantitative takeoff and computer entry. Proficient with estimating software.
• Ability to interpret and apply concepts such as: Overhead rates, indirect rates, staffing, job safety, equipment travel and the like.
• Knowledge of NEC and ability to apply codes.
• Prepare scope letters and proposals. Perform design/build, conceptual, and budget estimates.
• Coordinate the efforts of performing takeoffs; issuing bills of material to vendors, obtaining subcontractor quotes etc.
• Attend job-walks, pre-bid and scope clarification meetings, communicate clearly and maintain a professional demeanor.
• Maintain relationships with clients, general contractors, subcontractors and vendors.
• Be able to multi-task with strict deadlines. Be organized, detail oriented and efficient.
• Coordinate efforts with the rest of the team.
• Understand industry trends as it relates to pricing, product availability, delivery time, and emerging trends/needs. (i.e. Retrofitting, some LEED).
Power Solutions offers a salary commensurate on experience and qualifications, insurance, paid vacation and holidays. If you are a driven individual that meets the above requirements, and are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, please submit your resume for consideration.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, Disability, Vacation & Holidays
We are an EOE employer, drug free workplace and conduct a background screening.